***********************************************************

Make Art, Not War

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

blog, bloggity, blog, blog

So, I'm going back and forth about the use I want to make of this medium. I started out just posting poetry- finished works that I wanted to have a internet sort-of storage for. But also, sometimes I ramble. And sometimes I want to go off about stuff that is very important to me (which looks odd next to the silly stuff). So, I don't know. I don't know what I'm doing, but whatever.
I just wanted to share the seed I have for a new poem! I haven't really written anything new in over a year, and with all the stuff that's been going on that is a damn shame. Well, I just started something that I think is going to be my next big thing, and I wanted to share.
So here it is (more to come).


I know one thing: Art heals
That's why I write.
I write because my heart is crying out
almost all the time, but without a voice
it would go unnoticed.
I am only speaking for it
a secretary taking notes, but art,
art sheds light on the dark things we bury
and makes us grow.
It demands the best of us,
consoles us in our misery,
rejoices with us when we are happy
(really, a true friend).



Well, that's all I have so far, but I'm thankful for a new start.

No comments: