***********************************************************

Make Art, Not War

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Words are for Things

 
I walked in imitating The Star
then I receded from the room
waning like a moon
but I’ll just try again
another night of dreaming
oughta do it.
 
There are so many redundancies in my numbers
my conflicted sign and I are having two too many answers to each question
my answer “there are so many possibilities” doesn’t go over often
you seem to want a reason (just one?)
 
but this sky keeps on
changing
and predicting the patterns for centuries cannot prepare the mind
for eternity
that BIG DUMB WORD
for everything
the BIG BANG BOOM
like humanity can really answer it
meat bags on a pile of rock
pounding out new ugliness
 
I aspire to be a concept
So poet, give me my own definition of cliché
and I will walk the Earth unburdened
by matter in the form of motion
light and sound waves aging
and the sight from these eyes that merely interpret.

No comments: