***********************************************************

Make Art, Not War

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thank You Minnesota!

OK, I didn't vote for the guy. But I'm not ganna lie, I'm happy Obama won. A good friend of mine and I were talking about the possibility of Mitt Romney winning this election and she said 'hard as that may be to swallow, it would make the anti-war movement grow'. It is true that it is harder to challenge a democratic president (even if he is a wire tapping, NDAA authorizing, predator drone assassinating war monger like all the rest), but at least we got the lesser of the two evils. I mean, at least the puppet on the left has some respect for women.
So, we can all exhale or celebrate or go back to work or whatever, the election is over. I am still in a blue state, and we beat back two nasty amendments that constituted attacks on minority voters and families. And I'm told MN had the highest voter turn out of any state. I feel, as I feel lots of people also expressed to me yesterday, that a little sanity is returned to the American collective conscience. A little bit of hope for humanity is restored. I'm proud to be a Minnesotan voter right now. Thank you everyone who did your part.

No comments: