***********************************************************

Make Art, Not War

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Occupymn (part 1)

This whole thing has been surreal.
But here's me, taking a sick day and a step back point of view
proves what you already knew- it's crazy.

I went there today, looking for him
there to give our medics cough drops & socks
there to the food table- hot cocoa & cold season teas
I was looking for him, though
and waiting for the train
hoping he would come running up and find me

Haven't I left behind enough clues?
Buttoned to your jacket and plastered all over the news?
I'm starting to think the whole thing was a dream.
I seem to remember this one
The war was on for real and I was busy, busy
trying to change the world.
You got sick and I took care of you,
hiding out at the very edges of the city
in the quiet, we kept moving and took shelter
in the old buildings.
We took care of each other.

I don't know what to make of reality anymore. It seems
we've broken through right there in downtown and now
every time I leave I'm scared. What if it was
just a dream? Everybody tells me it's all online,
they saw it for themselves.
I walk along side the train tracks and imagine
what it will look like when I get there.

I will go back again tomorrow, and the next day.
This isn't over by a long shot.
In fact, it is just the beginning

No comments: