***********************************************************

Make Art, Not War

Friday, October 21, 2011

Home street home

So, I've been far too busy lately down at occupy wallstreet to blog about it but I did just want to say that yesterdays civil disobedience action was awesome and I'm glad we got such a good response. For one thing, my mug shot is on city pages right now (wow). I look like a criminal.I really do. I guess its not supposed to be pretty. Jail was not pleasant, but it was totally worth it.

I have gotten a lot of pats on the back. Thanks. I do what I can and I try to have fun. I feel like this will be a good weekend for new folks AND tomorrow is a spoken word open mic! I'm really excited for this. I have sort of done some poetry down here but its hard with only a bullhorn and in the middle of a protest. I'm excited to see some of the other poets too. To see what people bring. I feel like I wish I had something new, but its been a lot of input and not a lot of time to write it out. Too many conversations with people. Too many other things to do. This experience is like nothing else I've ever done. It is its own world down at the peoples plaza.

so, I guess I just wanted to check in and say I'm having a great time out here in the cold, in the community. Hopefully, more of this to come.

No comments: