***********************************************************

Make Art, Not War

Friday, May 13, 2011

busy as a bee (spring performances)

So, I'm really excited to announce that I am performing my poetry at several events this May!

To start, I am in the Poetry Cabaret at the Gremlin theater, Wed May 18th at 9pm. It's ganna be a fun show. It's a 1930s themed evening, so dress up and come out.
Then,
I am going to the AWC fundraiser party on Friday (the 20th), where we will be hosting Sara Smith (one of the subpoenaed activists in our case) and I will be doing a poem there (the Open Letter, of course)
and THEN,
I am performing at the HearSay: community open-mic and storytelling showcase! May 21st at 9pm. I am super excited about this last one, for several reasons. First of all, it's about community and it's specifically about storytelling (my passion and my specialty). Also, it's during Art-a-Whirl in NE Mpls, and that is pretty cool. I get to perform at one of the biggest art thingys in these parts. And to top it off, I was asked to perform at it quite out-of-the-blue by the editor of Twincitiesrunoff magazine (who is putting this thing on). which means I have been asked to perform at something by someone I don't even know. That is a first.
So, yeah.
I guess I am busy, busy this month (which is just the way I like it!) I am giddy looking forward to all of this stuff. I have been thinking a lot about new venues and audiences for performances, and now I have some up and coming!


No comments: