***********************************************************

Make Art, Not War

Monday, July 8, 2013

Peacestock this weekend!

So here comes another important performance, and I thought I should share. I've been invited to do some poetry at a gathering called Peacestock that is held in Wisconsin every year. It's an all day event (a camp out, actually), the other speakers include Kathy Kelly, Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer, and William Blum. And it is going to be a lot of fun.

I'm excited about this event because for one thing: I don't really get out that much. Now granted, Hager City Wisconsin, is only a day trip away. But considering I don't drive and rarely even leave my city, it's far enough for me. It will be good for me to get outside of my norm, and it is a chance to share my poetry with a new (and just slightly broader audience).

But then at the same time, it is being put on by Vets for Peace, which is a group we work with a lot here in the Twin Cities. These are my people. So, it also has the feel of being a part of my community that I just haven't met yet. And plenty of people that I know will be going up there this weekend, in fact, my ride is going to be some good friends of mine. I feel weird inviting people to come to this performance, just because it is so far away. But I'm glad I've been asked to go, and I'm looking forward to seeing many of my friends who are going to be there.

Shortly after that is another event I am thrilled to be a part of, but more on that later. For now, Peacestock

Can't wait.
http://www.peacestockvfp.org/

No comments: